Town Meeting 2021
- Date / Time: Saturday, May 8th at 2:00 PM
- Rain Dates: Saturday, May 15th at 2:00 PM, and Sunday, May 16th at 2:00 PM
- Location: Hingham High Multi-Purpose Field, Union Street, Hingham MA
- Warrant Articles
A Message From Your Moderator, Michael Puzo
On Saturday, May 8th, at 2:00 P.M., we will convene the 2021 Hingham Annual Town Meeting. Given our focus on public health and safety, we will again be on the Multi-Purpose Athletic Field at Hingham High School. As we did last year, we will observe all applicable health-related safeguards and complete the business of the meeting in an efficient and expeditious manner. We have a full agenda, ranging from a proposed operating budget of almost $134 million, answering questions concerning Community Preservation, Climate Action and the Design Phase of a proposed Public Safety Facility on Route 3A, along with a host of other issues, including roadway improvements, reconstruction of the Town Pier, Zoning and Land Use issues, and revising municipal terms to be Gender Neutral.
Please review this year’s warrant carefully, so that you are fully familiar with the questions you will be called upon to decide.
As citizens of Hingham, we must never take for granted the privilege of self-governance that we enjoy. Open Town Meeting and self-governance is part of Hingham’s DNA, a community committed to making thoughtful decisions on matters of common concern. Please arrive early, so that we can establish a quorum and begin promptly at 2:00 P.M. Full details, including Rain Dates, can be found readily of the Town’s website., along with the Talent Bank form, inviting you to give service to the Town, a rewarding and time honored Hingham tradition.
Remember, you don’t just “go” to Town Meeting; you “are” Town Meeting. See you there.
Michael J. Puzo,
Hingham Town Moderator
Accessibility at Town Meeting
Within our outdoor Town Meeting framework and in conjunction with the Commission on Disabilities, the following will be provided at this year’s Annual Town Meeting to improve accessibility:
Accessible parking and the drop-off area for attendees for disabilities will be located near Entrance B (see map).
- Reserved seating for people for disabilities will be located near Entrance B.
- 50 assisted listening devices will be available, mostly at Entrance B. They may be reserved in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and will otherwise be given out on a first-come, first-served basis at the meeting. The devices are belt packs that come with different headset options (see attached graphic); attendees may also plug their own headsets into these devices.
- Large print warrants are available upon request by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, warrants can be downloaded from the Town website and viewed on your own iPad/device at Town Meeting.
Staff and volunteers will be onsite to assist with any issues. Please contact the Commission on Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Select Board’s Office at email@example.com or 781-741-1451 with any questions.
2021 Town Meeting - Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM
Voted: Whereas, the Select Board has determined that it is in the best interest of the residents of the Town of Hingham to hold the Hingham Annual Town Meeting outdoors and during the day to protect the public health of the inhabitants of the Town of Hingham during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Now, therefore, the Select Board hereby votes to delay the Town of Hingham Annual Town Meeting from Monday April 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM until Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM outdoors at Hingham High School with rain dates of Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM and Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM pursuant to M.G.L. c. 39 § 9.
The Warrant Articles have been posted.