Saturday, June 20 at 2:00 PM
Hingham High School Football Field
(Rain Date: Sunday, June 21)
Update Due to Coronavirus
On Friday, May 22, 2020, after consultation with the Town Moderator and public health and safety officials, the Hingham Board of Selectmen voted to hold the 2020 Annual Town Meeting outdoors on the Hingham High School football field on Saturday, June 20th at 2:00pm, with a rain date of Sunday, June 21st at 2:00pm.
A few people have expressed concern about the heat. We will have a cooling station with misters near the restrooms and will have water stations throughout the venue. We are also in the process of securing tents to cover a section of seating at the back of the field to provide additional shade and protection from the heat.
We are encouraging attendees to prepare for Town Meeting like they would for any other outdoor event in June: please wear light, comfortable clothing and bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a personal umbrella for shade, and a water bottle.
Please note that heels are not allowed on the turf field because they can damage it. We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes as the surface can get hot.
2002 Town Meeting Framework
After consultation with the Town Moderator and public health and safety officials, the Board of Selectmen voted on May 22, 2020 to hold the 2020 Annual Town Meeting outdoors on the Hingham High School multi-purpose field on Saturday, June 20th at 2:00 pm, with a rain date of Sunday, June 21st at 2:00 pm. We are committed to conducting this important event as safely and efficiently as possible for Hingham citizens.
General guidelines are as follows:
- Please bring your own face covering. All Town Meeting attendees and staff should wear a face covering for the entire Town Meeting, including while waiting in line to register, unless exempted by Governor Baker’s Order No. 31 and any guidance issued thereunder. Face coverings must cover each attendee’s nose and mouth and fit snugly against the side of the face.
- We encourage attendees to wear sunscreen and bring their own water, hats, and/or personal umbrellas for shade.
- All attendees will be seated 10 ft. apart.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venue.
- Microphones will be sanitized after each use.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized as needed.
- A cooling station will be available near the restrooms.
- Water stations will be available throughout the venue.
You should not attend Town Meeting if:
- You are feeling ill or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever (100.3⁰ and above), cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat;
- You have had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic; or
- You have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by your doctor or a local public health official.
The full framework is available here: 2020 Town Meeting Outdoor Framework PDF