July 4th Road Race
2020 4th of July Road Race Cancellation
The 4th of July Parade Committee, Hingham Recreation Commission (Hingham Road Race) and the organizers of the Harborworks fireworks have announced that the Parade, Road Race and Fireworks are cancelled this year due to public health safety concerns surrounding COVID-19 and social distancing.
Event Date & Time
- Thursday July 4, 2021 @ Hingham Middle School
- Race Begins 7 am
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
- $30 Registration fee through July 3rd
- $35 Registration fee day of race between 5:30 am and 6:30 am.
Number and T-Shirt Pickup
- Sunday, June 30 through Tuesday, July 2, From 9:00 am to 5:00 pm @ Hingham Recreation Center (210 Central Street)
- Wednesday, July 3, From 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon @ Hingham Recreation Center (210 Central Street)
- Thursday, July 4 (Race Day), 5:30 am to 6:30 am @ Hingham Middle School
New For 2019!
- Live Result texts & emails to runners
- Same Day finish photos tagged to runners automatically
- Finish video tagged to runners automatically
Unique course: 4.47 miles, point to point. Fast, runner friendly, downhill-dipped, few gradual uphill climbs, down historic Main Street, ending under huge flag with enthusiastic crowd.
TimingRunner time activated by MyLaps disposable timing chips at start mat, not gun time. Chips are attached to bib number.
StartThe Start line will be divided in to 3 sections by runner's pace - less than 7 minutes per mile, between 7-8 minutes per mile, and more than 8 minutes per mile.
FinishAward ceremony for top male and female finisher. All participants will be treated to food, music, and fun!
- 3 water stations
- EMT services
- Restrooms at start area only
- Bus transportation to start of race begins at 5:15 a.m., leaving from station street near the Sub Galley parking lot. At the end of the race, bus transportation back to the Middle School departs from South Street near the CVS parking lot starting at 7:30 a.m.
For Race Safety
No pets, strollers, baby joggers, skateboards, or bikes. Unregistered runners will be diverted off the course.