Step 1. Complete & Submit a 2-Part Application Form:Applications will be reviewed by CPC beginning in Sept 2019. The final approval will be voted on at the Annual Town Meeting 2020 (ATM 2020: April 20, 2020)
Preliminary application are due by August 28, 2019 and then the final application due by October 4, 2019.
Please email Carol Costello at CPCAdmin@hingham-ma.gov if you wish to receive a Word document to work with.
Submit your 1-page Preliminary application form to Carol Costello via email: CPCAdmin@hingham-ma.gov
This form will help determine project eligibility.
Once your preliminary is received, CPC staff member will contact you to assist with any questions and help determine if your application is eligible for CPA funds. If your project is eligible, you will move to the next step of the application process, the Final Application..
Final Application Part: submit 1 original, and 10 copies, along with emailing a PDF of your entire application by Oct 4, 2019.
Please submit to Carol Costello:
Town of Hingham - Engineering / CPC Office
c/o Carol Costello
25 Bare Cove Park Drive
Hingham, MA 02043
Important Note: Late Submissions - Due to the length and complexity of the process leading to Town Meeting recommendations, the Committee does not generally consider applications submitted after the deadline.
Step 2. Community Preservation Committee Review & Public Comment
- A. The CPC will review applications to determine whether:
- Proposed projects are eligible for Community Preservation funding;
- Proposed projects are sufficiently developed in terms of their work plan and timing for further consideration; and
- Proposed projects are consistent with town goals and plans and will provide a benefit to citizens of Hingham (see attached criteria).
- B. Proponent Presentations: CPC will seek in-person comments on proposed projects at public hearings to be scheduled in November 2019 and January 2019.
- C. CPC Recommendations: CPC will make its final recommendations for funding in January 2020.
Step 3. Town Meeting Approval
The CPC determines which projects are most appropriate for funding and presents its recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and Advisory Committee, each of which votes either to support or not to support each recommended project. Projects are then presented in the warrant for Town Meeting consideration. Town Meeting has the final authority to award funds from Hingham's Community Preservation Fund. A majority vote is required to approve funding. A 2/3 vote is required to approve acquisition of real property.
Step 4. Funding Award
Funding for approved projects will be available following Town Meeting, subject to satisfaction of any closing conditions established by the Community Preservation Committee and Town Meeting. Funds will not be released until any required restrictions have been recorded at the Registry of Deeds. Upon approval by Town Meeting, grantees will be required to enter into a Grant Agreement specifying the amount and conditions of the grant.