COVID-19 Town Office Notices and Contacts
Update on Reopening of Municipal Facilities
As public health data in Massachusetts and in Hingham continues to improve, the Town looks forward to implementing the next steps in our municipal reopening process. On Monday, June 14, 2021, the following plans have taken effect:
- Town Hall will reopen to the public during normal business hours (Mon/Weds/Thu from 8:30am-4:30pm, Tuesday from 8:30am-7:00pm, Friday from 8:30am-1:00pm). Some Town offices may limit capacity to one member of the public at a time in their lobby area and require other individuals to wait in the hallway until the previous person has concluded their business to allow for social distancing. Please note that the Town Hall café/lunch room is no longer in operation
- The Senior Center will reopen to the public during normal business hours (Town Hall hours). Virtual programs/resources will continue; limited in-person programs will resume in July.
- The Recreation Department’s Fitness Room in Town Hall will reopen to staff and the public. Equipment has been spaced out to encourage social distancing and enhanced cleaning protocols are in place. Hours of operation will be Mon-Fri from 8:30am-5:00pm and Sat/Sun from 8:30am-11:00am.
- The DPW Office at 25 Bare Cove Park Drive will reopen to the public during normal business hours (Mon-Fri from 8:00am-4:00pm). DPW may limit capacity to one member of the public at a time in the lobby area and require other individuals to wait to enter until the previous person has concluded their business to allow for social distancing. The Town continues to work on plans related to the Swap Shop at the Transfer Station.
- Hingham Public Library will resume its normal operating schedule of Mon-Thurs from 10:00am-9:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Virtual programs/resources will continue; in-person programs will resume in September. Visit https://www.hinghamlibrary.org/ to read the Library’s reopening guidelines.
All individuals age 5 and over, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth when indoors in municipal facilities.. People are advised to continue wearing face coverings and to practice social distancing to help protect themselves and others from COVID-19. We have installed plastic barriers at many service counters and hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities. We ask that everyone abide by and be respectful of the health and safety protocols we have put in place. The safety of our residents and employees is our primary concern.
We appreciate your support and patience as we work through the gradual transition back to normal business, activities, and life.
Questions for the Board of Health?
The Board of Health is handling a high call volume related to COVID-19 as well as flu-shots, permitting and inspections.
For medical emergencies please call your primary care physician or dial 911.
For Questions regarding COVID 19, please call the State COVID information line by dialing 211 or 1-877-211-MASS (6277). You may also email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, phone number, email address with your message.
- All services open except Swap Shop.
- CDC recommends wearing cloth face masks in situations where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
Services for Seniors
- Hingham Elder Services - 781-741-1458 (please leave a message)
- South Shore Elder Services - 781-848-3910 - for Home Delivered Meals
- Hingham Food Pantry - 781-740-8180, email@example.com
- Hingham Link - Connecting Hingham residents in an immediate and useful way www.hinghamlink.com
- Safety Assurance Program - automated checkin calls by the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department.