COVID-19 Restrictions and Resources
The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
COVID Related Resources
- 211 Hotline – Commonwealth of MA - Make a free and confidential call to the COVID-19 Informational and Referral Hotline 24/7 by dialing 211.
- AlertsMA Text Line – Commonwealth of MA – Subscribe to real-time text notifications about coronavirus by texting the keyword COVIDMA to 888-777.
- Attorney General COVID-19 Resources - Commonwealth of MA
- Buoy Online Tool – Commonwealth of MA - Residents can use the tool to get advice from an online health assistant safely at home, for free.
- Cloth Face Coverings – CDC
- Community Tracing Collaborative – Commonwealth of MA
- Current Case Count - Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Essential Service List – Commonwealth of MA
- Hingham Businesses Printable Distancing Sign - Hingham Board of Health
- Nursing Home Family Resource Line – Commonwealth of MA - Dial 617-660-5399
Town of Hingham staff are working with local businesses and organizations and the public to increase awareness of and compliance with the state’s new guidelines. Please report any non-compliance issues you observe at Hingham businesses/organizations via our COVID Complaint Form.
Mental Health Resources
- Hingham Health Department’s licensed Social Worker, Cheryl West. Cheryl is a great resource and she is available via telephone to residents to talk things through or just to listen. She can be reached at 781-804-2370 or by email at email@example.com.
- Massachusetts residents can dial 211 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option.
- Samaritans is continuing operations 24/7, as always. During this unprecedented time, it can feel overwhelming to receive constant messages about COVID-19. Call or text their 24/7 helpline any time at 877-870-4673.
- The Disaster Distress Helpline which can be reached at 1-800-985-5990, and is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including disease outbreaks like COVID-19. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available nationwide.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their loved ones with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. For free, confidential support, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255.
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Resources
- Safelink - The SafeLink toll-free number is (877) 785-2020. For the hearing-impaired, the SafeLink TTY number is (877) 521-2601. It is also available through the 211 line. .
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.