COVID-19 Restrictions and Resources
The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
COVID Related Resources
- 211 Hotline – Commonwealth of MA - Make a free and confidential call to the COVID-19 Informational and Referral Hotline 24/7 by dialing 211.
- AlertsMA Text Line – Commonwealth of MA – Subscribe to real-time text notifications about coronavirus by texting the keyword COVIDMA to 888-777.
- Attorney General COVID-19 Resources - Commonwealth of MA
- Buoy Online Tool – Commonwealth of MA - Residents can use the tool to get advice from an online health assistant safely at home, for free.
- Cloth Face Coverings – CDC
- Community Tracing Collaborative – Commonwealth of MA
- Current Case Count - Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Essential Service List – Commonwealth of MA
- Hingham Businesses Printable Distancing Sign - Hingham Board of Health
- Nursing Home Family Resource Line – Commonwealth of MA - Dial 617-660-5399
- VaxFinder - Commonwealth of MA
Town of Hingham staff are working with local businesses and organizations and the public to increase awareness of and compliance with the state’s new guidelines. Please report any non-compliance issues you observe at Hingham businesses/organizations via our COVID Complaint Form.
Mental Health Resources
- Hingham Health Department’s licensed Social Worker, Cheryl West. Cheryl is a great resource and she is available via telephone to residents to talk things through or just to listen. She can be reached at 781-804-2370 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Massachusetts residents can dial 211 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option.
- Samaritans is continuing operations 24/7, as always. During this unprecedented time, it can feel overwhelming to receive constant messages about COVID-19. Call or text their 24/7 helpline any time at 877-870-4673.
- The Disaster Distress Helpline which can be reached at 1-800-985-5990, and is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including disease outbreaks like COVID-19. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available nationwide.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their loved ones with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. For free, confidential support, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255.
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Resources
- Safelink - The SafeLink toll-free number is (877) 785-2020. For the hearing-impaired, the SafeLink TTY number is (877) 521-2601. It is also available through the 211 line. .
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.