Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
Old Derby Nominee Trust
37 Derby Street, Suite 4B Hingham, MA 02043
37 Derby Street, Suite 4B
Hingham, MA 02043
1. The proposed use will be in harmony with the general purpose and intent of the By-Law. The proposed signage promotes allowed uses on the site, consistent with prior permitting decisions of the Board.
2. The proposed use complies with the purposes and standards of the relevant specific sections of the By-Law. The proposed signage complies with the parameters specified in Section V-B. Namely, the proposed signage meets all setback, area and height limitations, and incorporates permitted methods of illumination.
3. The specific site is an appropriate location for such use, structure, or condition, compatible with the characteristics of the surrounding area. The proposed is located in the Office Park and South Hingham Development Overlay District. The proposed signage promotes permitted businesses on the property. The signage also incorporates materials, such as granite, which are native to the area.
4. The use as developed and operated will create positive impacts or potential adverse impacts will be mitigated. No adverse impacts will be created by installation of the proposed signage.
5. There will be no nuisance or serious hazard to vehicles or pedestrians. The signage is designed to promote and allow the safe and efficient identification of the property by customers travelling in motor vehicles at higher traffic speeds.
6. Adequate and appropriate facilities exist or will be provided for the proper operation of the proposed use. The proposed signs will be adequately supported and/or affixed.
7. The proposal meets accepted design standards and criteria for the functional design of facilities, structures, stormwater management, and site construction.
1. GRANT a Special Permit A1 under Section V-B approving the installation of:
(i) One illuminated ground sign, with overall dimensions of 9’ x 6.8’ (61.2 SF), mounted on a base comprised of a single block of Weymouth Seam-Face Granite, with weathered copper backing, with solid black letters. The individual letters will be back halo-lit in white. To be installed at a setback of ten (10) feet or greater from the right of way, and total height not to exceed twelve (12) feet from the grade at the base of the granite base; and
(ii) One illuminated parallel sign, with overall dimensions of 2’ x 6.5’ (13 SF), with weathered copper backing with black letters. The sign is to be mounted to the face of an identified existing granite ledge outcropping, and illuminated by white external lighting that may illuminate the ledge as well.
2. CONDITIONED that the installed copper backing be dulled, by advance weathering, oxidization or other chemical process, to remove any shiny, reflective properties that may cause an unsafe reflection of vehicle headlights.