Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
NOTICE OF DECISION
Special Permit A3 (Parking Determination)
Certified Mail #7014 2120 0003 3809 9287
Applicant: Bradford A. Selland
Bradford Distillery LLC
Premises: 3 Pond Park Road
Hingham, MA 02043
Date: September 28, 2016
Re: Parking Determination: Addition of Accessory Retail Use
Summary of Proceedings
At a duly noticed public hearing at the meeting of September 26, 2016 Planning Board members Judith S. Sneath, Chairman, William C. Ramsey, Clerk, Sarah H. Corey, Gary Tondorf-Dick and Jennifer Gay Smith heard the application of Bradford Selland for Site Plan Review under § I-G and § I-I, and a Special Permit A3 parking determination under § V-A of the Zoning By-Law and such other relief as necessary to operate an accessory retail use in an existing distillery located at 3 Pond Park Road in the Industrial Park and South Hingham Development Overlay District. Bradford Selland presented the applications and answered questions for the Board. Richard Beal, Senior Vice President, AW Perry, was also present in support of the application.
Mr. Selland stated that he would like to convert the front room to a retail sales and tasting room. There is a handicapped accessible bathroom immediately adjacent to the room, which can be used by the public. He would like to sell hats, t-shirts and packaged vodka, as well as do tours of the facility. He anticipated 4-6 people at a time for the tours, and will only offer them between 4 pm - 8 pm on Thursday and Friday, and 10 am - 6 pm on Saturday. The Applicant explained that they have 17 parking spaces currently allocated to their use, and they never occupy more than 3 spaces at a time. They also have 14 spaces on site that are not allocated to any one use, which can be shared if needed. The Board felt that there was sufficient parking available for this proposed limited accessory use.
a) The parking is sufficient in quantity to meet the needs of the proposed project;
• Adequate parking exists on site to serve all uses and still have a surplus of unallocated parking spaces.
• This is an accessory use with limited hours.
• Bradford Distillery has 17 spaces allocated to its current operation which is adequate to cover the use, and there are still 14 unallocated spaces on site.
b) Pedestrian access and circulation has been provided for;
• The site is developed. Handicapped access and handicapped parking already exists. There is good visibility on site for pedestrians.
c) New driveways have been designed to maximize sightline distances to the greatest extent possible;
• Not applicable – developed site
d) It is impractical to meet these standards and that a waiver of these regulations will not result in or worsen parking and traffic problems on-site or on the surrounding streets, or adversely affect the value of abutting lands and buildings and
• No waiver is required. The Board makes the finding that there is adequate parking to support the proposed use
e) The granting of relief is consistent with the intent of this By-Law and will not increase the likelihood of accident or impair access and circulation.
• No relief is required
The Board then Moved, Seconded and SO VOTED to Approve the Special Permit A3 parking determination for Bradford Distillery at 3 Pond Park as presented in the application and at the hearing, finding that there is sufficient parking allocated to support the addition of the accessory retail use, with the following conditions:
• A copy of the revised site plan and parking table shall be provided to the Planning office.
• The owner of the building shall return to the Planning Board as uses change on the site to revise the parking table.
Town of Hingham Planning Board,
Judith S. Sneath, Chairman
Cc: Town Clerk, Building Department, ZBA, Assessors, R. Beal