View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
September 12, 2017 Certified Mail #7017 0660 0000 9961 1007
Anthony Esposito, P.E.
167R Summer Street
Kingston, MA 02364
Re: 85 Tower Rd – Preliminary Subdivision
Plan Reference "COVER SHEET FOR A PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION PLAN OF LAND AT 85 TOWER RD, HINGHAM, MASS. ASSR’S MAP # 126 LOT 28, 31”, PREPARED BY: South Shore Survey Consultants, Inc. Registered Land Surveyors & Civil Engineers, 167R Summer Street, Kingston, MA 02364, Prepared for: Estate of Victor A. Nosiglia, Roni Roberts, Executrix, 16 Allens Lane, Nantucket, MA 02554, dated June 21, 2017, revised to 8/23/17, 5 sheets.
This is an application for a Preliminary Subdivision for 4 residential lots at property known as 85 Tower Road, Assessor’s Map 126, Lots 28 and 31, 6.07 acres in a Residence B zone. This application was submitted on June 30, 2017. The Board opened the hearing on July 31 and at the request of the applicant, continued the hearing to September 5 and extended the decision deadline to September 12, 2017. The Board continued the hearing from September 5 to September 11. Sarah Corey was not at the meeting of July 31, 2017, but at the meeting of September 5 noted for the record that she had listened to the recording and completed a Mullins Affidavit for the record.
The Board discussed the overall project and the waivers. The Board discussed in great detail the number of waivers needed due to the design which does not conform with the Rules and Regulations. The nonconformities which were discussed include: (1) the proposed plan has the storm water management structures located within the proposed way and not on a separate lot as required; (2) the proposed plan only indicates one street tree along the northern side of the ~ 380 feet way, where not less than 8 would be required; (3) the Minimum Design Standards detailed in Table 1 for a minor street are not met; (4) The distance, measured from the intersection of Tower Road and High Street to 85 Tower Road, exceeds 1,800 feet in length exceeding the 800 feet limit; (5) minimum sight distances with unobstructed visibility of 250 feet are required for minor streets and only 150 feet are provided; and (6) sidewalks are required along one side of a Minor Street and none are proposed. The Board expressed the opinion that the density and proposed design create the need for the waivers. The proposed density impacts the drainage, street trees and minimum design standards.
CERTIFICATE OF ACTION
I, Jennifer M. Gay Smith, Chairman of the Hingham Planning Board, certify that at a regularly scheduled meeting of the Hingham Planning Board on September 11, 2017, the Board voted To DISAPPROVE the Preliminary Subdivision Application for land known as 85 Tower Road for the following reasons:
1. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 4.E. of the Rules and Regulations “Stormwater Management Structures”, which states in part “Storm water management structures shall be located on a separate lot…”.
2. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 5.L1 (4) of the Rules and Regulations “Drainage and Stormwater Management”, which states in part “All storm drains shall be laid with a minimum of two and one-half (2 ½) feet of cover”.
3. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 5.B4.(1) of the Rules and Regulations “Street Trees”, which requires the planting of Street Trees spaced 50’ on center, a minimum of 10 feet outside the right of way.
4. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 4.B Table 1 of the Rules and Regulations “Minimum Design Standards for Streets” for a minor street.
5. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 4.B.4(a) of the Rules and Regulations “Dead-End Streets” which states that dead end streets, excepting limited residential streets, shall not be longer than 800’ in length.
6. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 4.B.3(a) of the Rules and Regulations “Width, Alignment and Grades of Streets”, which requires, in part, minimum sight distances with unobstructed visibility of 250 feet for minor streets.
7. The plan as submitted does not conform with Section 4.G of the Rules and Regulations “Sidewalks”, which calls out the requirement for sidewalks along one side of a Minor Street.
Jennifer M. Gay Smith, Chairman
Hingham Planning Board
In Favor: Gay Smith, Corey, Carr, Ramsey
Cc: Building Dept; BOH; Town Clerk; DPW; Conservation
EXECUTED this _____ day of September 2017
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Plymouth, ss September____, 2017
Then personally appeared Jennifer M. Gay Smith, Chairman of the Hingham Planning Board, and acknowledged the foregoing to be the free act and deed of said Board.
____________________________ My Commission Expires: October 29, 2021
Mary F. Savage-Dunham, Notary Public