· We are seeing an uptick in COVID-19 cases in Hingham.
· There were 5 COVID-19 cases reported in June (no Delta variant cases) and 33 cases reported in July (of which 5 were Delta variants).
· As of today, August 10th, 20 new COVID-19 cases have been reported in Hingham thus far in August.
· As of last week, 69.5% of Hingham residents are fully vaccinated (compared to approximately 64% statewide).
· If you look at only vaccine-eligible individuals in town (people age 12+), the percent of fully vaccinated eligible residents rises to 82%.
Vaccine & Testing
· COVID-19 vaccines are available locally at the following locations:
o CVS in the Shipyard and on South Street: by appointment or walk-in
o Walgreens on Lincoln Street: by appointment or walk-in
o Hingham Center Pharmacy: available only certain days, call 781-749-1277 the morning of to schedule
· COVID-19 tests are available at the CVS in the Shipyard by appointment only
· As has been our practice, we continue to follow MA Department of Public Health (DPH) COVID-19 guidance.
· Right now, we are recommending the following for municipal facilities in line with the current DPH protocols.
· Fully vaccinated individuals are advised to wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home):
a. if you have a weakened immune system,
b. if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or
c. if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is an unvaccinated adult.
· All unvaccinated residents are advised to continue to wear masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance.
· We are continuing to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and our Health Department remains in constant contact with DPH.