September 22, 2021
- We are seeing a small uptick in COVID-19 cases in Hingham over the last two weeks. There were 47 new cases during the two-week period ending 9/16, compared to 37 new cases for the prior two-week period ending 9/9.
- The vaccination rate for Hingham has increased slightly to 72%, which remains above the state average of approximately 66%.
- If you look at only vaccine-eligible individuals in Hingham (people age 12+), the percent of fully vaccinated eligible residents rises to 85%.
- Given these slight upticks we thought it would be helpful for us all to be reminded of the basics:
Please remember to follow guidance from the MA Department of Public Health to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. DPH guidance includes:
- Staying home if you are sick and avoiding close contact with others;
- Getting vaccinated;
- Washing your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Cleaning things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes; and
- Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze by using a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands;