News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/1/2021 1:17:30 PM to 1/1/2023 12:00:07 AM.
Posted on: October 26, 2021
[ARCHIVED] October 26, 2021 COVID-19 Update
10/26/2021 COVID Update
- Statewide, the number of new COVID-19 cases has been trending downward since mid-September.
- In Hingham, new COVID-19 cases continue to fluctuate between approximately 30-50 new cases per 14-day period for the last several weeks.
- The vaccination rate for Hingham remains at 73%. If you look at only vaccine-eligible individuals in Hingham (people age 12+), the percent of fully vaccinated eligible residents is 86%.
- The CDC recommends that certain people are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster shot. Please contact your primary care provider to see if you qualify. As of today, the Town has no indication from the State that we will be asked to provide vaccine clinics and as such, we recommend that you work with your PCP to determine your best options for vaccine boosters.
- COVID-19 booster shots are locally available at the Walgreens on Lincoln Street and at the CVS locations on South Street and in the Shipyard.
- For all three of these locations, only Moderna boosters shots are available and online appointments are required.