- Statewide, the number of new COVID-19 cases has generally been trending downward since mid-September.
- In Hingham, new COVID-19 cases continue to hover around 30-40 new cases per 14-day period for the last several weeks. The vaccination rate for Hingham has risen to 74%. If you look at only vaccine-eligible individuals in Hingham (people age 12+), the percent of fully vaccinated eligible residents is up to 87%.
- As many people have heard, on November 2nd, the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was authorized by the CDC for use in children ages 5-11.
- Please contact your child’s health care provider or search VaxFinder.mass.gov https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/ for vaccination appointments.
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments for children ages 5-11 are available at pharmacies in Weymouth, Braintree, Quincy, and Cohasset, among other nearby towns. There is also a state-sponsored pediatric vaccination clinic in Brockton.
More information can be found on the DPH website https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccinations-for-children-ages-5-11 .