News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/12/2022 12:47:48 PM to 1/1/2023 12:00:07 AM.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
[ARCHIVED] May 10, 2022 COVID-19 Update
- In Hingham, the presence of COVID-19 continues to evolve.
- Through the week ending May 7, Hingham experienced 103 confirmed & probable cases, up 72% over the 60 cases experienced through the week ending April 30.
- During the week of April 30, the number of cases increased 22% over the 49 cases experienced during the week ending April 23.
- These numbers capture only cases from PCR tests and undercount the presence of COVID-19 in our community. These numbers do not include cases identified using rapid antigen tests.
- The CDC looks at the combination of three metrics to measure our COVID 19 levels in our County. This data is updated weekly, on Thursdays based on new admissions and inpatient bed metrics, based on the currently level of new cases per 100,000 population in the past 7 days.
- Currently, Plymouth County is a Medium and CDC recommends:
- We will continue to monitor data and take coordinated action as needed. If the CDC were to determine our COVID-19 level to be High, it would recommend wearing a mask indoors and on public transportation.
- As we can see, there is a significant uptick in the number of cases in Hingham. This is concerning and we are monitoring it as this trend could end up with a new mask recommendation. We will certainly report out as we know more.