Yesterday, the federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) assessed that all of Plymouth County has reached theCOVID-19 Community Level of High.
At the Community Level of High, the CDC recommends:
- Wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public places regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine.
- Get tested if you have been exposed.
The following notice will be posted in all Hingham Municipal buildings:
Town of Hingham - CDC Mask Recommendation, Effective May 13, 2022
Regardless of vaccination status, is it recommended to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth when indoors in municipal facilities.
Exemptions: Persons for whom a face mask or covering creates a health risk or is not safe because of any of the following conditions or circumstances are exempt from this mask
- The face mask or covering affects the person’s ability to breathe safely;
- The person has a mental health or other medical diagnosis that advises against wearing a face mask or covering;
- The person has a disability that prevents them from wearing a face mask or covering; or
- The person depends on supplemental oxygen to breathe.
For detail on the CDC’s COVID-19 Community levels, see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/community-levels.html