The federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to report Plymouth County’s COVID-19 community level to be High. At this level, the CDC recommends:
- Wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public places regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine.
- Get tested if you have been exposed.
The Town’s COVID-19 “dashboard”, on our COVID 19 Updates web page, shows:
- The following data is from 5/8 – 5/21 compared to the previous period of 5/1 – 5/14:
- Hingham’s 14-day average incidence rate is 57.7, up from 56.8, a 1.6% increase from the previous period
- Hingham’s 14-day average positivity rate is 15.2%, up from 14.6%, a 4.3% from the previous week
- We believe that some of the drivers for this increase include vacation spikes and testing due to travel plans and the removal of the mask mandate on public transportation and airlines.
- We will continue to update the dashboard on Mondays
We remain vigilant and will continue to monitor data and take coordinated action as needed.