Hingham Health Department Health Advisory
COVID-19 update as of 3/24/20 10:47am
The Hingham Health Department has been notified by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) that we have a second laboratory confirmed case. The Hingham resident has tested positive for COVID-19. All notifications have been made per DPH guidelines.
Take everyday preventive actions:
- All persons are urged to maintain social distancing (6ft away from other people)
- No gatherings of over 10 people
- This does not apply to grocery stores, famers markets, food pantries, banks and pharmacies, however they should also be maintaining social distancing.
- Only essential services are to be in operation in the Commonwealth.
- Clean your hands often by using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc.
- Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones)
Watch for symptoms including, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you feel like you are developing symptoms, call your doctor.