Interfaith Social Services’ food pantry is an essential program and is open regular hours (Monday-Friday, 10-11:45am, and Wednesday evenings 5-7pm).
We’re following guidance from the CDC and local health officials and have implemented protective measures to limit person to person contact. We are also having our building professionally disinfected on a regular basis. We strive to continue providing exceptional service as well as food and emergency assistance to our neighbors in need.
Clients who drive will wait in their cars instead of waiting in the food pantry waiting room. They will pull up to our front doors and a volunteer will come out to their car and check them in. Groceries will then be brought out to the car. Clients who walk or take public transportation to the pantry will check in at the front desk as usual and may wait in the waiting room. We are limiting the number of clients in the building so that people can keep a safe distance from each other.
New clients are welcome. Please arrive during regular pantry hours and bring:
- Identification for each member of the household
- Proof of residency (ex. A utility bill, rental agreement, etc.). Our food pantry only serves residents of Braintree, Cohasset, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, Milton, Quincy, Randolph, Scituate and Weymouth.
More details here: https://interfaithsocialservices.org/food/
BUREAU DRAWER THRIFT SHOP
The Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop is CLOSED until further notice.
We are unable to accept Thrift Shop donations at this time.
NEW DIRECTIONS COUNSELING CENTER
Interfaith cares deeply for all who depend on our programs. We want to make sure counseling clients can still access services, even if they cannot or do not feel comfortable coming into the office. The Counseling Center remains open, though therapists and clients may choose to conduct sessions over the phone.
The Counseling Center is accepting new clients. Please call 617-773-6203 ext. 12 to schedule an appointment.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Our biggest need is monetary donations. We have seen a significant decrease in the amount of food we are able to rescue from local supermarkets. And with our Thrift Shop closed, we’ve also lost more than $10,000 a month in income. Fortunately, we have very strong spending power – with just $1 we can purchase the equivalent of 5 meals.
DONATE NOW: https://interfaithsocialservices.org/donate
- We are also in need of volunteers. Please sign up for a shift here: https://bit.ly/ISSvolsignup
- Donations of nonperishable food items, toiletries and cleaning products are welcome. Donations can be dropped off at Interfaith, 105 Adams St., Quincy, Monday-Friday 8:30am-2:30pm and also Wednesdays 4-7pm.
THANK YOU ALL!
Interfaith Social Services
105 Adams St., Quincy, MA 02169