In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Hingham is urging its residents to stay home as much as possible to avoid person-to-person contact. However, should individuals and their families need to get outdoors for healthy, passive recreational activities, including walking, hiking, jogging, and bike riding, many parks and other natural resources managed by the Town and its conservation partners remain open and accessible to the public. Please respect the rules and regulations for each property, including parking in designated parking areas only.
Additionally, please take appropriate steps to protect your health and the health of others by following the CDC and the MA DPH guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19, even while enjoying the outdoors:
- Minimize outdoor recreational time in public spaces to limit potential exposure to COVID-19;
- Stay within solitary or small groups, and avoid gatherings of ten or more people;
- Practice social distancing of at least six feet between individuals;
- Administer healthy personal hygiene, such as handwashing for at least 20 seconds;
- Leave a park or area should large gatherings begin to build; and,
- Stay home if ill and/or part of a vulnerable population.
Individuals and families are also asked to practice a “carry in, carry out” policy during this public health emergency and to do their part to help protect our shared natural resources by leaving no trace and taking all trash home with them.
The Town and its conservation partners appreciate your support and understanding as we all continue to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19.