Town Administrator Tom Mayo provided the following COVID-19 update at the Board of Selectmen meeting on July 28, 2020.
- Massachusetts remains in Phase 3 - Step 1 at this time.
- As of today, DPH is reporting 116,182 probable and confirmed cases in Massachusetts, of which 9,018 are in Plymouth County.
- As of last Wednesday, DPH was reporting 283 COVID-19 cases in Hingham.
New Travel Order
- The state has issued a new COVID-19 travel order that will go into effect this Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Starting August 1, all visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, who do not meet an exemption, are required to:
- Complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival, unless they are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by DPH, and
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
- Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day.
- Exemptions include:
- Individuals coming from lower-risk states, which as of today, include: Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- Transitory travel through Massachusetts
- Persons commuting for work or school
- Patients seeking or receiving medical treatment
- Military personnel traveling under orders
- Workers providing critical infrastructure services
- MA residents are urged to limit out-of-state travel only to lower-risk COVID-19 states.
- More information is available at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order.