To the extent that individuals and families feel it is safe to participate in Halloween activities this year, please follow the state and federal COVID-19 guidance. DPH offers the following recommendations for a safe and healthy Halloween:
- Wear a face mask or face covering.
- Observe good hand hygiene, including hand washing and use of alcohol-based sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol. Carry hand sanitizer and use it often, especially after coming into contact with frequently touched surfaces and before eating candy.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Stay home and refrain from Halloween activities, including handing out Halloween treats, if: you feel unwell; you have tested positive for COVID-19; you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; or you have traveled to or from a state that is not classified as lower risk within the last 14 days. For more information on lower risk states, please see the state’s COVID-19 Travel Order webpage.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet of physical distance from all other participants who are not members of the same household.
The CDC offers additional guidance on Lower, Moderate, and Higher Risk Halloween Activities.