• As of yesterday, the MA Department of Public Health (DPH) is reporting 250,022 total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts, of which 16,564 are in Plymouth County.
• As of Friday, Hingham is in the state’s “yellow” COVID-19 category, with 551 total cases (compared to 352 total cases two months ago) and an average daily incidence rate of 24.4 per 100,000 people over the prior 14 days (compared to a rate of 6.3 two months ago).
• Today, Governor Baker announced a statewide return to Phase 3, Step 1 of the Massachusetts reopening plan, as well as some additional restrictions that become effective on December 13trh. These include:
1. Reducing indoor capacities across a broad range of sectors
2. Limiting outdoor gatherings to 50 people or less
3. Requiring patrons at restaurants to wear masks at all times except when eating and drinking
4. Limiting restaurant tables to 6 patrons and 90-minute visits
5. Requiring that all gym patrons where masks at all times
• Please visit the DPH website for detailed guidance.
• The Administration announced the roll-back to respond to an increase in new COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations since Thanksgiving that is straining the health care system in Massachusetts.
• Last week, we announced that Hingham is partnering with mPathy LLC to establish a COVID-19 testing site at 308 Cushing Street. The testing site will open on Thursday, December 10th and will operate Monday through Saturdays from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
• The hours of 7:00am to 10:00am on each testing day are reserved for Town of Hingham residents and employees. Please visit mpathy.org/schedule to make an appointment online, which you can do several days and even weeks in advance.
• The Town is engaging in the use of Town property at 308 Cushing Street for these purposes via a short-term, temporary license as we have done elsewhere in town.
• The testing site can accommodate 20 scheduled appointments per hour, plus walk-ins, although walk-ins will have to wait longer than those with scheduled appointments.
• COVID-19 testing will be available for people of all ages, including children.
• Asymptomatic individuals and individuals without health insurance will need to pay a fee of $140 via credit/debit card to receive a test. Symptomatic individuals who have health insurance will be billed through their health insurance provider.
• Please make sure to wear a mask and bring your ID, health insurance card, and credit/debit card to the testing site. Cash or checks will not be accepted.
• Testing will be conducted indoors in a well-ventilated space at 308 Cushing Street.
• This will not be a drive-through testing site – individuals will need to park in the lot and queue in a socially distanced fashion at the back entrance of the building. We will have a police detail onsite to help manage traffic and ensure that traffic does not queue on Cushing Street.
• There will be two lines – one for those with scheduled appointments and one for walk-ins. Patients will move through the facility in one direction, exiting through the garage door at the front of the building.
• Test results will be sent to individuals via email, usually within two days. Questions about the Hingham COVID-19 testing site or your test results can be directed to mPathy LLC at email@example.com.
• We are seeing a concerning increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across the state, so please stay vigilant as we head into the winter.
• As always, please wear a mask whenever you’re in public, do your best to remain at least six feet apart from others, avoid large gatherings, and wash your hands frequently.