Hingham, MA


Where can I find genealogy information?

The Hingham Public Library will be glad to assist you in researching genealogy information pertaining to Hingham. Please email the library at hiref@ocln.org, or call 781-741-1405 with your question. Another source is the Hingham Cemetery's website.

Hingham Cemetery

Where can I find information on area lodging and hotels?

Please visit the business directory for information on area hotels and other lodging.

Business Directory

Where can I find information on local restaurants?

Please visit the Business Directory for information on local restaurants.

Business Directory

Where can I obtain a Hingham Transfer Station/Recycling Facility Sticker?

Residents can obtain the sticker from the Department of Public Works. See the Public Works page for contact information.

Public Works Page

How do I find licensed daycare providers in the Hingham area?

Visit to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Education. Under "Early Education and After School Programs," enter Hingham or 02043 in the "Street and City or Zip Code" window and choose "Search." A list of licensed daycare providers in this area will appear.

Massachusetts Executive Office of Education

Where do I register to vote?

The Town Clerk's office accepts voter registration cards. You can find voter information on Election Voter Information page. Please call the Town Clerk's office (781-741-1410) with any questions.

Election Voter Information Page

Whom do I contact for information about planning a wedding ceremony at World's End?

World's End is under the jurisdiction of the Trustee of Reservations, a private non-profit. The site is preserved for passive recreation and does not permit weddings or other large events. For info on other Trustees of Reservations sites that do host weddings please call 781-821-2977, or visit their website.

Trustees of Reservations

Whom do I contact for information about planning a wedding ceremony at the Gazebo/Bandstand at the Harbor?

Permission to use the Gazebo/Bandstand is granted by the town. The usage policy is available on the online. There is a $25 charge for non-residents.

Bandstand Policy and Application (PDF)