- Apply for a Permit
Apply for a Permit
Online Permitting: Building, Plumbing, Gas, Electrical and Sheet Metal Permits
Logging in to Hingham's Online Permitting
Online Permitting: Login or Create an Account
Search Existing Building Permits
The Building Department is using an online permitting program which enables the town constituents to apply online for permits, view sign-offs and inspections.
If this is your first time applying for a permit, please read the information below.
- The first step is to register and set up an account.
- Important! Please be sure to use one of the supported browsers (this list appears when you register). The program is not compatible with Apple product browsers. Your pop up blocker must be "off" when you enter and submit a permit application.
- Complete the application and attach all required documents.
- You will be notified via email when your application is ready for payment. You may pay online using a credit card or bank account, or in person in the office using cash or check.
- After the building permit is issued, it must be picked up at the Building Department. Call (781) 741-1420 with any questions.
Please note that workers' compensation information must be submitted with all applications. When you apply for a permit you will be completing the affidavit online. If you are a sole proprietor, and workers' comp is not required,you will be checking that box. If you do have workers' compensation insurance, we request that you upload the certificate (showing policy no. and expiration date) to your online permit application.