17E - Surviving Spouse or Person over 70
- You must be 70 years of age as of July 1, 2023 or be the surviving spouse of same.
- Your estate (excluding domicile) must be $54,933.00 or less.
The following documents must be submitted with your completed application:
- Driver’s license or birth certificate.
- July 2023 bank statements from all savings and checking accounts.
- Statements listing value of all other tangible assets such as other real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds (as of July 1, 2023)
41D - Person over 65 years old
- Must be 65 years of age as of July 1, 2023.
- If single, your gross receipts must be $27,468 or less.
If single, you must have a whole estate of $54,933 or less (excluding domicile).
- If married, your gross receipts must be $41,199 or less.
If married, you must have a whole estate of $75,532 or less (excluding domicile).
- You must have resided in MA for the previous 10 years AND you must be domiciled in your home for the past 5 years.
All of the following documents, for each person listed on the deed, must be submitted with your completed application:
- Driver’s license or birth certificate
- Federal and State Income Tax Return for 2022.
If you do not file taxes, please provide a copy of your year end social security statement.
- Copies of bank statements from all your savings and checking accounts, as of July, 2023
- Statements listing value of all other tangible assets such as other real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds etc., as of July 1, 2023
- Statement of any interest and dividends
Senior Means-Tested Tax Exemption
Full details available on the Senior Means-Tested Tax Exemption page
|Clause||Basic Qualifications||Maximum Income||Maximum Assets||Exemption Amount|
|17E||Age 70 or older||None||$54,933||$712|
|41D||Age 65 or older -
|41D||Age 65 or older - Married||$41,199||$75,532||$2,000|