Town of Hingham Nomination Papers will be available in the Town Clerk’s Office on January 10, 2022 for candidates interested in running for one of the expiring Town Official positions listed below. Please call ahead at (781)741-1410 or contact us via email at email@example.com to arrange a time to pick up your Nomination Papers.
Nomination Papers must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office by Friday, March 11, 2022 for certification. While 50 certified signatures of voters registered in the Town of Hingham are required to be placed on the ballot, it is recommended that you obtain a minimum of 75 signatures.
The following are the 2022 Expiring Terms:
- MODERATOR (1 Year Term) Michael J. Puzo
- SELECT BOARD (3 Year Term) Joseph M. Fisher
- BOARD OF ASSESSORS (1 and 3 Year Terms):
- Al Chambers (1 Year Term to fill balance of Greg Hall’s term expiring in 2023)
- Christine M. Roberts (3 Year Term)
- BOARD OF HEALTH (3 Year Term) Kirk J. Shilts
- MUNICIPAL LIGHT BOARD (3 Year Term) Roger M. Freeman-Resigned/Successor TBD
- HOUSING AUTHORITY (5 Year Term) Greg O’Meara
- SCHOOL COMMITTEE (3 Year Term) Elizabeth O’Reilly, Carlos A. F. Da Silva, Nancy Correnti
- PLANNING BOARD (5 Year Term) Gordon M. Carr
- SEWER COMMISSION (3 Year Term) Kirk J. Shilts
- RECREATION COMMISSION (5 Year Term) Nandita S. Scott
The Town Clerk’s Office is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Tuesdays from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and on Fridays from 8:30 to 1:00 PM.
Please note that all deadlines have been calculated based on the current Town Election date of April 30, 2022 as provided by Article 2, Section 2 of the Town of Hingham General By-Laws. The Select Board has submitted a petition to the Governor of Massachusetts under M.G.L. Const. Amend. Art. 2, Section 8, Paragraph 1, Clause (2) to request passage of a special act authorizing a postponement of the Town Election to a later date but prior to June 30, 2022. That request is still pending and the current Town Election date may be subject to postponement based upon passage of the requested special act or similar law.