News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/28/2022 11:05:53 AM to 1/29/2022 1:32:13 PM.
Hingham Public Works
Posted on: January 28, 2022
[ARCHIVED] DPW reminder for Snowstorms
DPW Reminder - Rules and guidelines for snowstorms:
- Please remember to remove all objects, such as basketball hoops out of the town layout
- Residents are asked to keep all vehicles off streets that are plowed by the town to expedite snowplowing and sanding operations.
- Vehicles obstructing plowing and sanding operations will be towed at the owner's expense.
- No resident or private contractor may shovel, snow-blow, or plow ice or snow onto a public roadway (see Plowing of Public Roads https://www.hingham-ma.gov/327/Roadway-Maintenance ).
- The Town is not responsible for damaged mailboxes, driveway aprons, walkways, stone walls, grassed areas, shrubs, trees, fences, planters, barrels, basketball hoops, or any other object within the town layout.
- There is 140 miles to be plowed in town. The Plows will work as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Roads will be cleared the best we can during the storm. Once the storm has passed crews will come back to push back and push back snow banks.
- Roads are the main priority during the storm. Sidewalks will get done, from the schools out, once roads have been cleared and time permits. Sidewalk clearing is expected to take an extended amount of time.
- Snow operations are expected to continue thru Sunday.
- The Transfer Station will do their best to stay open as conditions allow. Any updates will be posted on the town website.