HINGHAM -- Town Administrator Tom Mayo and the Town of Hingham would like to share with residents important information on upcoming public information sessions and facility tours relating to the November Special Town Meeting.
At its meeting on Tuesday, July 12, the Hingham Select Board voted to schedule a Special Town Meeting (STM) on Tuesday, November 1, at 7 p.m. at Hingham High School. The STM will consider warrant articles proposing debt exclusions to fund the construction of a proposed Public Safety Facility and new elementary school.
The Town is sponsoring several events to share information about current facility deficiencies, proposed new facilities, and plans for financing the projects. They include the following:
Upcoming Public Information Sessions
- Thursday, October 13, 7-9 p.m. - Sanborn Auditorium at Town Hall, 210 Central Street.
- Wednesday, October 19, 7-9 p.m. - Remote, via Zoom.
- Saturday, October 22, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Hingham Middle School, 1103 Main Street.
Public Tours of Current Facilities
- Thursday, October 6, 12-2 p.m. - North Fire Station, 230 North Street; Police Station, 212 Central Street; Senior Center, 224 Central Street.
- Thursday, October 6, 5-7 p.m. - Foster Elementary School, 55 Downer Avenue.
- Monday, October 17, 5-7 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
- Saturday, October 22, 1-3 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
- Tuesday, October 25, 5-7 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
- Thursday, October 27, 12-2 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center.
No appointments are necessary to attend any public facility tour.
In addition to the November 1 Special Town Meeting, approval of these projects requires affirmative ballot votes at the November 8 State Election. Information on the election will be available on the Town Election webpage.
Additional information on the November 2022 Special Town Meeting can be found on the Town website’s Town Meeting webpage.