Hingham’s Veteran of the Year
The Hingham Veterans Council is now taking nominations for the 2018 Veteran of the Year.
An impartial sub-committee will evaluate finalists.The winner will be announced during the annual Hingham’sVeterans Day celebration on November 11th conducted in Sanborn Auditorium at HinghamTown Hall.
The selected individual will receive formal recognition by both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Representative and Senator from the District.The recipient will also be honored with a banner and ride during the July 4th Parade.
Criteria for Nominations & Eligibility:
- Nominee must be a Veteran under M.G.L
- Resident of the Town of Hingham,or must have resided in the town at the time of the nomination
- Community service must be voluntary; stipend volunteers will not be eligible
- Recordable activities must be of significant value to the community and its residents and/or the surrounding area
- Nominee should possess notable civic leadership, be of strong character, and a highly respected member of the community
- Deadline for application is September 28th, 1:00p.m.
Nominations should be made in letter or essay format, with completed application cover page. Application packets can be submitted to the Hingham Veterans Council via mail, email, or simply dropped off at the at the Hingham Town Hall -Veterans Service Office / 2nd Floor, 210 Central Street,Hingham, MA
Hingham Veterans Council
Veteran of the Year Award Committee
210 Central Street
Hingham, MA 02043