With the warm summer weather, many residents are flocking to local beaches, including our own Bathing Beach. In Phase III - Step I of the Governor’s reopening plan, passive recreation at beaches is allowed under the following guidelines:
- Groups of 10 people maximum when seated
- Maintain at least 12 ft. of distance between groups
- Beach capacity can be limited by manager to achieve social distancing guidance
- Face coverings required at beaches and parking areas when social distancing is not possible in accordance with COVID-19 Executive Order No. 31
- Water sports are allowed, but organized ball games like volleyball, spike ball, Kadima, bocce, etc. are not allowed at this time
- Any food service or concessions must conform to applicable food service and restaurant guidance
- Restrooms can be open with social distancing in interior spaces and while waiting in line, and CDC-compliant cleaning protocols
Please respect these guidelines and do your part to keep yourself and fellow beachgoers safe this summer. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
For additional information, please see the state’s Outdoor Recreation Reopening Guidance for Phase III - Step I.