Commission on Disabilities
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Chapter 40: Section 8J. Disability Commission; powers and duties; members; terms Section 8J. A city which accepts the provisions of this section by vote of its city council, subject to the provisions of its charter, or a town which accepts the provisions of this section at an annual or special town meeting, may establish a commission on disability, hereinafter called the commission, to cause the full integration and participation of people with disabilities in such city or town.
Such commission shall:
- Collaborate with community leaders, residents, businesses, and organizations to promote awareness related to all forms of disabilities, including cognitive, developmental, and physical impairments.
- Review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of departments, boards, and agencies of said city or town as they affect people with disabilities.
- Promote full integration of persons with disabilities into the community.
- Provide information and referrals to individuals, businesses, and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability issues.
- Participate in a variety of forums and media events to develop public awareness of persons with disabilities and encourage compliance with the A.D.A.
- Coordinate or carry out programs designed to meet the problems of people with disabilities in coordination with programs of the MA office on disability
|Stephanie Gertz||Vice Chair||2023|
Should you have questions or information you would like to share with the Commission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Arrangements or Needs/ADA Accessibility
If you need reasonable accommodations in order to participate in any Town of Hingham programs, services, activities and/or meetings, please contact the Town’s ADA Coordinator, Assistant Town Administrator Michelle Monsegur, at email@example.com or (781) 741-1451 in sufficient advance of the program, service, activity and/or meeting.
While the Town of Hingham will do its best to accommodate your request, certain accommodations require the hiring of outside contractors who may not be available if requested immediately before the start of the program, service, activity and/or meeting.